Friday, April 27

A Little Girls Room

As many of my readers know, I am currently expecting my first little one.  I decided to create a moodboard that showcases some of the finishes I am doing in her room, and a post about her room. I am really excited about how great it is turning out.

Shop This Look Here
This bedroom is designed based off the "Mod Pop Pod Monkey" neutral nursery theme that I found at Babies R Us.  It is a modern looking monkey theme that can easily go for boys and girls.  I figured this would be a good theme since I am having a girl now, and plan on having a number two.....someday, so now the theme will work for both.

This bedding set, which includes a bumper, quilt, fitted sheet, and crib skirt
Available from Babies R Us for $149.99 
Little Boutique Girl Monkey Night Light
Available from Babies R Us for $14.99

Below are the paint colors that I ended up going with.  I was going to do pink and green paint, but ended up going with a taupe color, which is throughout the rest of the house, and chocolate trim to match the furniture.  The decor of the room has enough green to give the room the pink and green feel that I wanted.
Kashmir Pink 150E-2 by Behr available at The Home Depot
This is the color on the top half of the walls.  
Mesa Taupe, UL130-16 by Behr Premium Ultra  available at The Home Depot
This is the color on the bottom half of the walls.  
Thick Chocolate, 750B-7 by Behr Premium Ultra  available at The Home Depot
This is the color of the trim including Chair Rail.  

Flooring goes in tomorrow, so I will definitely be posting pictures once everything is done.  I am so excited to see what the finished product is.  As a designer, you always have an idea, but once it is finally installed, it is always a little different.  

No comments:

Post a Comment